Monday, February 28, 2011

Song Counts Down 5 4 3 2 1 Tecno

501 - because I like Sara Merlino

in these times when too often beauty, culture, art, words are fading that they lose meaning, It is a pleasure for me today, my little house in this book because I like the , a young woman with beauty, culture, art has fueled his dream and built the foundations of his life and his work.
distributed creativity. beauty supply. art presented. and present art is to make culture.
begin to imagine what I'm talking about?
yes, it's true: Sara Merlino and a gallery.
a young art dealer, backed by several years of craft and heart so much passion for this work carried out and chosen with love.


Sara Evvivanoè directs the gallery, located in the heart of the small town of Cherasco .
the name of the gallery, has a home as beautiful as affectionate.
fact (from the gallery site ) "represents a bond with the city, its history (even tiny, daily) and traditions: it is an ancient wishing cry once exchanged between cheraschesi spoken of Gina Lagorio in his book "Among the starry walls," calling it the blessing implied throughout the year "
is not beautiful?


and beautiful is the passion that Sarah puts in his work.
constantly looking for artists. with them in building a relationship of mutual understanding and trust. in the public presentation of their work, through solo and group exhibitions at the gallery itself, and at other events such as fairs and expos in Italy and worldwide.




Evvivanoè five years will do just this spring.
is a place created entirely by Sara and her husband Francesco, with the help of close friends.
Sara told me that the renovation work is erupted outside a medieval Muraccio, remained hidden in years and years in which the site had other uses. including also a butcher.
and now, this place full of history, is a small elegant white space, with a floor of raw wood, which comes to life from time to time with the new colors and new forms of art of the moment.
artists carefully selected by Sarah herself, who make art through various forms: from classic paintings, sculptures in different materials, a precious work on the fabric or other materials.





Sara describes her adventure as an art dealer even pages a blog that takes its name from the gallery itself.
and is a pleasure, just by visiting these pages, see this young woman's passion for his work.


proper, and yet, by the way of this passion, this love for a place to work, for art, I would conclude the presentation by Sara Merlino with these words related to his dream become a reality and called Evvivanoè:

... what makes it special is you ... artists! With your powered wonders this magical place and my dreams ... Many joys, some disappointments, a lot of enthusiasm punctuated by some moments of despair. Today I have grown a lot since then, but I always feel at the beginning of a journey. Anyway, I would not change anything and I could not imagine another job for me! "

Sara and we can not imagine another job for you:)

***

and now I leave you in the company of other words of Sarah.
through my interview about his work, his way of living time and season, time of day.

Your creative dream
1 - Who / what inspires you the most?
I realized slowly over the years, that what inspires me to change with the seasons of the year ... I could say I'm the same seasons to inspire me.
Autumn, for example, is the period where I feel more in harmony with myself, where I find a sort of balance. The vines laden with ripe grapes and the days freschine but the warm, golden light recall the last picnic (golfone to below) that fill the eyes of beautiful things.
Then buy new balls of wool, knitted or new flowers and above all, exercise books and drawing paper makes me feel full of energy. The good feelings I felt when The school began the meeting today, every September. Normally the best ideas for my work - and not just the one-arrive just in autumn.
And then, the journey. An extraordinary opportunity to be inspired, just walk into a coffee and look around, anywhere "world" where you are. I think that move, move, wander, is the greatest source of inspiration can be a real Pandora's box!

2 - Keep a diary for jotting down your inspirations?
I
small notebooks scattered all over the house, and at least one in the bag with me forever. I jot down recipes and foods I experience when I travel, names of artists and galleries around bishop, mini pinch-scraps of fabric ... I mean, I love them almost more for their appearance "containers" disordered experiences for their usefulness. (But then I use them too eh!)

3 - Do you have future plans in the short or long term, to which you want to talk?
My projects are often too many ... basically I like daydreaming. Usually every fall I make a list of shows I want to do in the gallery the following year: events, encountered or discovered new artists on the web, artistic craftsmanship that I expose and propose various ideas. Then slowly realized what "feasible".
A project that should take place is short: it is an art fair in Milan, which seemed so far ..... and now help is just around the corner! We hope and keep our fingers crossed!
(a brief note: the interview dates back to about a month ago. The show was then performed and it was a success! You can see the photos in the blog ) .
While what I hope for the future is that "Evvivanoè" continue to exist, can accommodate so many good artists .... and that art comes to the people, to all persons, and do a little dreaming!

You, every day
4 - What's on your nightstand?
On my bedside table is a photograph of a lavender field in Provence, taken at Sault years ago, a dryness bouquet of lavender tied with a ribbon that I picked up there.
I love this flower and I hold many bouquets scattered around the house, send me serenity. Then there is a pink carousel with wooden horses ... a small gift that I care a great deal: he comes from a flea market Cherasco.

5 - Pick up / collect anything?
From
loooong time now I have a passion for teapots, cake molds, cookie cutters, tin cans ... And they are generally small treasures bishop in flea markets. Thus, objects made of aluminum, copper, a little 'dented and rusty ... I could easily call her collection of "Vecchiotti" that have to do with the pastry and cooking.

6 - What are the three constants of your day? And his best moment?
The 3 days of my constant constant ... see ... BREAKFAST !!!!!!!! Because I love (and my favorite ever!) And which do not give up ever! Taken with calm and good things can prepare at home just for the morning, or sometimes in a café, giving me five minutes to read a little bit peeking the people walking, comes and goes.
I also started to take photos from around without breakfast, with its comment, description of the room ... fixations !!!!!!
Searching for artists and beautiful things ... for the web, in newspapers and magazines, when you travel or wandering around, not necessarily too far from home. Every day I devote time to this ... I realized that the end is the best side of my work! Even just a walk through the streets of my country or around the hill can bring good ideas!
The time spent with those I love, with my husband, my family, my friends, making them play with my kitties. In a way I really need to hear the people you love all day, even with only a phone call or two lines written.
With regard to the time of the day I prefer, I can not help repeating myself: in the morning and the breakfast! Turn on the radio with the volume down low, put on coffee and lay a small part of our big table with placemats, cups (I have a number of disgraceful and I love to change them every day). So much so that I often find myself studying the matching cups / cloth that most inspires me at 7 am, when every other to me to be impossible! But my instinct is .... And 'that I enjoy it all better if there is harmony around me. And my pantry is clear: my husband pointed out the other day that there is such a large amount of jam, for a while 'maybe I could stop by to hold pots and thinking to prepare for another!

time, seasons
7 - What suggestions do you give the winter?
Winter ... Balls of wool, colored coats, Monviso whitened the roofs of Cherasco steaming and the smell of wood burning fireplaces and a furnace in the air. Winter is a spell which silences all and hides everything under a magical silence. But it is also intimacy and warmth of the house, turned on the oven that cooks things good friends meet you and talk for the evening.
Winter is often thought and meditation, listening to themselves.

8 - What is your favorite food in this season?
The soups and vegetable soups! In addition to being good and sound bring to the table wonderful colors, different every time ... orange, purple, green, yellow ... And then you can eat with a good toast, hot and crispy!

9 - the garment which does not you give up?
The coat is a garment that I have always adored as a child. I own some for years and years, I took everywhere. A square, black, burgundy, eggplant ... some made for me by my mother, others inherited. I never had any other type of jacket in my life, always and only coats!

10 - And finally, the tenth question. More than a question is an invitation to tell something interesting about yourself and / or make a short presentation of yourself and / or leave a greeting and / or say what they want. In short, a space to be occupied as you want.
I am a thirty year old a bit 'distracted, her head often in the clouds and nose in the air, because I like to think, reflect, dream, look around and daydream.
I grew up in a house where music was omnipresent, cats and my mom's sewing machine (and a lot of stuff ...).
I have always had as playmates, so many colors and sketchbook to fill, to cut fabrics, doll clothing to be invented ...
Several years later I started reading in school my first book of art history and I discovered with surprise that this mysterious thing, this need to create, to make a mark, to depict the existence and the existence had begun almost with the humanity! It had taken several thousand forms, all amazing and all interesting.
So I understand that my path led there, in that world, and that I wanted to live there.
Then one day in late summer, I found a small empty room, abandoned, in what was the village of my great-grandmother. And then I got the idea .. "I want to turn this space a candid, friendly, a chest full of beautiful things, born from the imagination of artists." So I dived without thinking too much-perhaps for the first time in my life-in this adventure.
Nearly five years here, with my ancient wall that came out as a beautiful surprise behind the marble that covered it, with white wood floor that the more it gets dirty, the more beautiful ... In this fantasy world, but it really exists, which is a few square meters, but that seems endless. Sometimes I try
artists, sometimes they are finding me, some days I write, others set up the exhibits carefully, other times KNIT yet to pass the long winter afternoons.
When I close the door and down with the gate, across the road, I get quite a bit of stairs, right up there where my house is a small attic in which I live with my kittens Francis and inspiring, and Sofia Zizu . There
become creative, too, but with flour, eggs, butter and sugar, because I love messing around in the kitchen.

***

support and promote women's creativity. the care taken in creating a scarf, a birthday cake, a pair of earrings. in distributing beauty. I support women who carve out a space each day for their dream. I support their desire to see him fly, this dream. I support all these women. and Sara Merlino is one of them.

***

addresses Sara
for those who, in Cuneo, would personally visit the gallery, this is Cherasco, via Vittorio Emanuele 56

here instead:

***

Sara thanks for being my guest!
thanks to you that you have read.
and the next one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment